Expatriate Spouse Coaching
I feel strongest about this field! Being an expat spouse myself, I have learned many lessons the hard way. Making the transition to “trailing spouse” challenges even the most independent career woman!
Personally, it took me several years to find my way. Many U-turns and dead-end lanes have marked the roadmap of my journey. The good news is: there is always a solution. You just have to find the right pair of glasses to see it.
When a spouse receives an overseas assignment, the partner faces with many obstacles, which are often ignored. Unfortunately few companies offer support for spouses at this time.
Challenges for spouses include feeling:
- Unrecognized – or recognized only as “the wife of…”
- Let down because of inaccurate information
You or a friend may be experiencing these common expat scenarios:
• You thought you would be able to work, but have found it nearly impossible
• You assumed internet access would be easily available only to discover that it takes months to get connected
• There isn’t an expat community around you and you can’t speak the language
• Your unhappy teens blame you for the move, the new school, and so on, while your partner “hides in the office”
What’s the solution?
Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less then perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. Be pro-active, dare to ask for help, many more as you think are exactly in the same situation as you.
Services are available in person in our office in Zürich or
by phone or Skype worldwide. We offer a complimentary consultation if you would like to find out how coaching might be beneficial to you. Please contact us by phone or email. We'll normally get back to you within 24 hours.
Other expat coaching services for you to consider: